How to View and Download User's Logbook
In this tutorial, you will learn how to view and download a user's logbook.
The Logbook keeps an automatic record of all of the flights done by a pilot, including the date, airport, times, aircraft, PIC, landings, operational conditions, and much more. The logbook follows the Jeppesen format and complies with the regulations for logging flight time.
All flight information that is registered in the logbook is automatically synchronized with the flights in the Flights Module. Flights can be manually entered in the Flights Module or automatically recorded from the flight trackers if you are subscribed to our Aircraft Tracking System.
You can view and download the complete logbook register.
VIEW LOGBOOK: (0:47)
To view the logbook, follow these steps:
1. First, log in to your account.
2. Go to the Me or Users Module and select a user.
3. Go to the Logbook tab.
4. Here you will view a summary of the user’s total flight time and details in the top section. If you expand the pages of the logbook below, you can view each individual flight. The flights will be listed by date, from first to last. Scroll down to the last page to see the most recent flights.
You can click directly on a flight in the logbook and you will be given the option to print, view, edit, and/or delete the flight. For example, if you click "Edit this flight", a window will open where you can edit the desired information. If you click "View this flight" you will be taken to the flight registered in the Flights Module. If you click "Delete this flight", you will prompted with a message "You are going to delete a flight. This operation can't be undone. Are you sure?" Click yes to proceed or no to cancel.
DOWNLOAD LOGBOOK: (01:52)
To download the complete logbook register:
1. Just click on the "Download" button.
2. You can save the PDF on your device to keep a copy of the flight records.
LOGBOOK SETTINGS: (2:04)
The primary admin of the account has the option to change the Logbook Settings. Let me show you how to set this up.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Click on the Logbook tab.
3. Here you can change the display of the logbook times (Hobbs time, Total time, Block time, or Air time). You can also define if you want to round the times to the closest 5 minutes. Additionally, you can customize the number of lines per page.
For more information, please watch the tutorial Logbook Settings.
ROLES AND PRIVILEGES: (2:36)
To control if a user has access to view the Logbook tab, please check the configuration of the Roles and Privileges. This option can be found by following the next steps:
1. Go to the Users Module.
2. Click on the “Roles” button on the top right-hand corner of the page.
3. Select a role from the drop-down list. For example, "Student".
4. Click on the Users tab on top of the window.
5. Scroll down to Logbook and check off the box “View logbook tab”.
Don't forget to check which role the user has been assigned.
To learn more, please watch the tutorial How to Manage the Roles and Privileges for the Users Module.
For more information on the Users Module, please watch the other tutorials.