Intro to Users Module
In this tutorial, I will give you an introduction to the Users and Me Module.
The Users and Me Module give you the tools to manage everything you need for your administrators, students, instructors... anyone you want to give access to the platform.
First, let me explain to you the difference between the Users Module and the Me Module. The privileges assigned to each role, then the role assigned to a user, directly determine how a user will view the platform.
The Me Module allows users to only see their own information. On the other hand, the Users Module will allow a user to access other users’ information and depending on their role, or set of privileges, be able to add and edit their information. This option should be reserved for administrative roles.
ROLES AND PRIVILEGES: (0:49)
You can define which users will view the Users and/or the Me Module by managing the Roles and Privileges. Just follow the next steps:
1. As the admin of the account, go to the Users Module.
2. Click on the Roles and Privileges button at the top right-hand corner of the page.
3. Select a role from the drop-down list on the top.
4. Go to the Users tab.
5. Check off the “View Users Module” box.
6. Now go to Users List and define if you want to allow the role to “View self”, “View all users”, or “View these groups”. By selecting “View self”, users will only see themselves, therefore they will only have access to the Me Module, not the Users Module. On the other hand, a role that has been given the privilege to "View all users" or "view these groups" will have access to both the Me and the Users Module. Basically, a user will see their own information in the Me section and can see other users' information in the Users Module. The amount of information can be defined in Roles and Privileges.
7. Make sure to pay close attention to the other details in the Roles and Privileges for the Users module.
8. Click close to save.
Please watch more in-depth tutorials about Roles and Privileges for the Users module.
USERS MODULE TABS: (2:09)
The Users Module allows users to register and log in to their accounts. Users benefit from being able to access Private-Radar because this associates content such as their personal agenda, certificates, courses, logbook, and much more with their account.
The Users Module manages everything you need in one place. Let's have a closer look.
Users can quickly view their flight and ground bookings in the Agenda tab and synchronize them with their own personal external calendars.
Keep track of users' certificates and validity, get notifications when certificates will expire, have already expired, or are missing. Define required certificates and always be up-to-date.
Individual student course progress is tracked in this tab for each phase with all the flights, lessons, evaluations, ground lessons, and attendance. You can print in PDF, export to Excel, and generate hours certificates. Get a quick view of pending, failed, and completed exercises with easy-to-read graphs and charts.
Users (students and instructors in this case) can upload their signatures and can easily sign flight sessions and class presence sheets.
Your logbook is always easy to find and access.
Keep track of debit, credit, and balance for each of your users. Add invoices and payments. You can enable online payments and transfers between users' accounts.
FLIGHT/DUTY TIME: (3:49)
Automatically track your flight and duty times.
Upload and archive flight documents and other documents in your user account.
Specify for each user the aircraft types that will be allowed to reserve solo flights, provided that he or she respects the flying standards defined in the Settings. If nothing is selected, the user will be able to reserve a solo flight on all the aircraft.
Add user availability to sync with the Schedule Module. The not available time will be shown in gray in the schedule.
Keep a record of all the emails the user has received from Private-Radar.
Automatically keep track of the number of landings, both solo and with a passenger, for each aircraft type.
And finally, the TSA tab has been designed to be used to keep track of travel authorizations and their validity for security purposes for schools in the U.S. with international students.
The Users Module is completely customizable as it allows various permissions to be set for different roles which can be set up with fine-grained permissions allowing each role to do only what the administrator permits.
For more information about roles and privileges, please watch the tutorial How to Manage the Roles and Privileges for the Users Module.
Please watch more in-depth tutorials about the Users Module to learn more!