How to Define a First Lesson
In this tutorial, I will show you how to define the first lesson for a student. This is a simple way to help you manage students that are coming from other schools or have previously completed some lessons in a course and are not starting from zero.
1. First, log in to your account.
2. Go to the courses module.
3. Select the Course. As an example, I am going to select the PPL Course.
4. Click on the students tab.
5. Find your student. I am going to choose PFD (Philippe Diderot).
6. Scroll down to Lessons and click on edit next to "First lesson".
7. Now choose the first lesson and save. I am going to select 1.10 [DGH10]
This will mark the previous lessons as completed.
You can see this by expanding phase 1 on the left-hand side. Now all the lessons up to DGH10 are green and it shows that he is 38 hrs away from finishing the phase. There are no evaluations linked to these finished lessons but they are marked as completed. For all subsequent lessons that are completed, you can evaluate the lessons, keep track of the student's progress, and see the average grade.
Scrolling down again you can see the first lesson, how many days it has been since the first lesson, the last lesson, how many days since the last lesson, and if the student has finished the course.
Please watch more in-depth tutorials about the Courses module to learn more!