How to Add/Edit/Delete a Lesson
Private-Radar can manage all of your courses and lessons.
First, log into your account and go to the Courses Module. Select the course.
Flight Lessons: (0:35)
1. To add Flight lessons select the flights tab in the course and click on the plus sign on the right-hand side of the page.
2. In the pop-up window, you can add all the information about the flight lesson.
Let's start with the phase and reference.
Now add the VFR or IFR time. A flight lesson can have mixed VFR and IFR times.
Define the pre-briefing and post-briefing time. If you leave them blank, the application default settings briefing times will be applied, otherwise, the lesson briefing times will be applied.
Now select the flight type (Solo, Instruction, Exam, or MCC)
Select Dual, PIC, SPIC, or PICUS.
Select Single engine, multi-engine, simulator, aerobatics, or glider.
Now select if the flight lesson is local or cross-country, day or night.
All this information will automatically configure your flight booking when this lesson is selected. This will help you save time and allow for error-free scheduling.
3. In the text box below you can add the objectives.
4. To add the exercises, just click on the Add Item button. Here you can add the description, select if it is an exercise, title, demo, or subtitle. These options are mostly for the format of the lesson:
Titles will be displayed in bold.
Exercises will allow you to select a minimum passing grade.
Demo will display in italics.
Subtitle 1 will display the text indented and in gray.
Subtitle 2 will display even more indented and in gray.
For any items that you want to be evaluated, they must be categorized as an Exercise. You can drag & drop the titles, exercises, and subtitles in a lesson to rearrange the order.
5. You can set a required lesson. A required lesson allows you to prevent selecting a lesson until another specific lesson has been completed. For example, in the PPL course, a student must complete lesson DGH07 before doing DGH08. The system won't allow lesson DGH08 to be selected for bookings in the schedule module or flights in the flights module because the lesson DGH07 has not been completed.
6. You can define milestones. Milestones are used to define when the lesson should be completed. You should define when the lesson should be completed before x number of days since the first lesson. This will give you information to check your students' progress in relation to the milestones that have been set.
7. Don't forget to save. If you click on 'Save and New' you can immediately add another lesson.
Ground Lessons: (3:31)
This same process can be followed for ground lessons.
1. To add ground lessons select the Ground tab in the course and click on the plus sign on the right-hand side of the page.
2. In the pop-up window, you can add all the information about the ground lesson.
3. Define the module, reference, name, time, and give a description.
4. If you check the 'Exam' box this exam will be displayed in red on the schedule when booking the exam. You will be able to add a grade or score when you take attendance for the presence sheet for the exam.
REMEMBER: You can drag & drop the titles, exercises, and subtitles in a lesson to rearrange the order. You can also drag & drop the lessons in a course to rearrange the order, just click on the 3 lines on the left-hand side of the lesson and drag to the new position.
1. Go to the courses module.
2. Select the course.
3. Click on the delete icon (the small trash can) next to the lesson you want to delete. You will be prompted with a message "Are you sure you want to delete this mission".
4. Select "Yes" to delete or "No" to cancel.
1. Go to the Courses Module.
2. Select the course.
3. Click on the edit icon (the small pencil) next to the lesson you want to edit. The Edit Lesson window will open and you can make your changes and save.
4. When you edit a lesson you can also add documents by clicking on the "Add Documents" button.
Please watch more in-depth tutorials about the Courses Module to learn more!