How to Add an Instructor
In this tutorial, I will show you how to add an instructor. To add an instructor, you will have to follow the same steps as for every other new user but with a few extra details to consider.
Let me show you.
1. First, log into your account.
2. Go to the Users Module.
3. Click on the add icon, on the top right-hand corner of the page.
4. Select ‘Pilot/Instructor’ and ‘Active’ or ‘Inactive’. (An inactive user will not be able to log in to their account)
5. Upload the instructor’s photo.
6. Fill in the user's personal information.
7. Now, most importantly, fill in the Instruction details.
You should select the type of instructor by checking off one or more boxes, such as Flight instructor, MCC instructor, Ground instructor, Flight examiner and/or AOC.
Note: This information is vital for scheduling a flight. It will define which instructors appear in the drop-down menu of the Crew for booking different types of flights.
For example, if you want to book an ‘Instruction’ flight, only the users set as ‘Flight Instructor’ will appear in the Crew drop-down menu. When booking an ‘MCC’ flight, only the users set as ‘MCC Instructor’ will appear in the Crew drop-down menu. This also applies to an ‘Exam’ flight with a ‘Flight examiner’ instructor.
8. You can add additional information such as the user’s address and emergency contact.
9. You must select a profile to give the instructor access.
For example, you can create a profile called "Instructor" that will give the same access to all the instructors or you can create different levels of access by creating several Instructor profiles such as
Senior Instructor, Freelance Instructor, Theoretical Instructor, and so on.
Important: Profiles allow you to control the access of your users. Without a Profile, users are not allowed to log in. When the Profile has been selected, they will receive an email with their password.
To learn more about Profiles, please watch the tutorial, Intro to Profiles.
10. You can also define the main and temporary base of the instructor. This can be useful when you want to filter by bases.
11. Don't forget to save.
Now that you have added the instructor and given them access they can manage their agenda, certificates, logbook, flight and duty time, documents, availability, instructor rates, and much more!
For more information about how to create a new user, please watch the tutorial, How to Add/Edit a User.