How to Add an Instructor
In this tutorial, I will show you how to add an instructor. To add an instructor, you will have to follow the same steps as for every other new user but with a few extra details to consider.
Let me show you.
2. Go to the Users Module.
3. Click on the add icon, on the top right-hand corner of the page.
4. Select "Pilot/Instructor" and "Active" or "Inactive" (An inactive user will not be able to log in to their account).
5. Upload the instructor’s photo. *NOTE: THIS IS NOT MANDATORY*
6. Fill in the user's personal information.
7. Now, most importantly, fill in the Instruction details.
You should select the type of instructor by checking off one or more boxes, such as Flight instructor, MCC instructor, Ground instructor, Flight examiner and/or AOC.
NOTE: This information is essential for scheduling a flight or classroom. It will define which instructors appear in the drop-down menu of the crew for booking different types of flights and ground lessons.
For example, if you want to book an Instruction flight, only the users set as "Flight Instructor" will appear in the *INSTRUCTORS* drop-down *in the Crew part*. When booking an MCC flight, only the users set as "MCC Instructor" will appear in the *MCCI* drop-down. *When you book an Exam flight, only the users set as "Flight examiner" will appear in the EXAMINER drop down*.
8. You can add additional information such as the user’s address and emergency contact.
9. You must assign a role to the user to give access to the platform and give the necessary privileges.
For example, you can create a role called "Instructor" that will give the same access to all the instructors or you can create different levels of access by creating several Instructor roles such as Flight Instructor, Freelance Instructor, Theoretical Instructor, and so on.
IMPORTANT: Roles allow you to control the access of your users. Without a role, users are not allowed to log in. When their account is registered with an email address and the role has been selected, they will receive an email with their password.
*REMEMBER THAT THE CHECKBOXES CONTROL THE LISTS IN THE SCHEDULE, WHEREAS THE ROLES CONTROL THE RIGHTS OF THE USERS.*
To learn more about Roles and Privileges, please watch the tutorial, Intro to Roles and Privileges.
10. You can also define the main and temporary base of the instructor. This can be useful when you want to filter by bases.
11. Don't forget to save.
Now that you have added an instructor and given them access they can manage their agenda, certificates, logbook, flight and duty time, documents, availability, instructor rates, and much more!
For more information about how to create a new user, please watch the tutorial, How to Add/Edit a User.