Glossary of Terms
How to Activate/Deactivate an Aircraft
In this tutorial, I will show you how to set an aircraft to active or inactive.
Before doing so, take into account a few key points. Setting an aircraft to inactive has several implications:
1. The aircraft will not appear on the schedule.
2. The aircraft will not be an option for flight bookings.
3. It is not possible to add or modify any flight of the aircraft. If you want to add or modify a flight on an inactive aircraft, you need to set the aircraft to active.
4. The flight tracker linked to the aircraft will automatically deactivate. However, if you set the aircraft to active again, you must manually set the tracker to active.
5. Subscription fees are based on the number of active aircraft, therefore, inactive aircraft will be pro-rated during the period that the aircraft is set to inactive.
6. Remember, it is only possible to set an aircraft to inactive once a month.
**ACTIVATE/DEACTIVATE AN AIRCRAFT:** (0:54)
Now, to activate or deactivate an aircraft, follow the next steps:
1. Log into your account.
2. Go to the Aircraft Module.
3. Select the aircraft.
4. Click on the “Edit” button, the pencil icon on the top right-hand corner of the page.
5. Select “Active” or “Inactive” on the top right-hand corner of the pop-up window.
6. Don't forget to save.
**ROLES AND PRIVILEGES:** (1:20)
To access this functionality, a user must have the Roles and Privileges to do so. Only the primary admin and specific roles can set an aircraft to active or inactive, depending on the configuration of the roles and privileges at the Aircraft Module. This privilege should be given to managerial roles only.
To set this up, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Users Module.
2. Click on the "Roles" button.
3. Select a role from the drop-down list.
4. Click on the Aircraft tab.
5. Check off the box to view the Aircraft Module.
6. Scroll down to Add/Edit/Delete Aircraft and check off the box “Edit aircraft”. This will unlock the option to activate or deactivate an aircraft.
Please watch more in-depth tutorials about the Aircraft Module to learn more!