How to Configure the Profile Rights for the News Module
In this tutorial, I will show you how to configure the profile rights for the News Module.
1. First, log in to your account.
2. Go to the Users Module.
3. Click on the profiles icon on the right-hand side.
4. Select a profile from the drop-down menu.
5. Select News from the menu on the left-hand side.
6. Check off the box View News if you want this profile, for example, Students, to be able to view News. In this case, I would leave the boxes Add/Edit and Delete News unchecked.
Let's see how that looks from the student's perspective. As a student, I can see the news and I can add a like but I can't add, edit, or delete.
Now for the head of training or administrators, for example, I am going to allow them to view the News Module as well as add, edit, and delete.
Let's see how that looks.
These are the simple configurations for the Profile Rrights to the News Module.
For more targeted communication to just some users or groups, please check out the Mailing Module.