How to Configure the Profile Rights for the Courses Module
In this tutorial, I will show you how to configure the profile rights for the Courses Module.
1. First, log in to your account.
2. Go to the Users Module.
3. Click on the profiles icon on the right-hand side.
4. Select a profile from the drop-down menu.
5. Select ‘Courses’ from the menu on the left-hand side.
6. Check off the box ‘View Courses’ if you want this profile, for example, Students, to be able to view Courses.
7. In this case, I would leave the boxes add, edit, copy and delete Courses unchecked, as well as ‘Edit students and classes’, 'Lock/Unlock phases in the Users Module’, and 'Valuations’. These actions would be more likely accessible for an administrative level profile.
Let's see how that looks from the student's perspective. As a student, I can see the courses but I can't add, edit, or delete.
Now for the head of training or administrators, for example, I am going to allow them to view the Courses Module as well as add, edit, copy, and delete courses. I will also allow them to edit students and classes, lock and unlock phases, and make valuations.
Let's see how that looks.
In Users Profile Rights you can set up the profile configuration for the Courses Module according to the access you want to grant each profile.